Updated on July 23, 2021
How to Clean Your Shower Glass Doors?
We always have a hard time with shower glass door cleaning. Most of the staff on the glass doors are soap scum, mildew and hard water deposits. This makes your glass door look fogged. It is not hard to remove water droplets from the glass once a week, otherwise, scum will build up, it would become difficult to make glass doors shine.
Some cleaners can be used to clean glass doors, like dishwashing detergent, vinegar, oven cleaner, lemon juice, bleach, rubbing alcohol, the plastic squeegee is the best hand tool because metal could damage glass material.
Before starting your job, you need to read cleaning solutions’ safety instructions carefully, always follow the safety procedure, since most chemical cleaners are toxic, they contain acetic and phosphoric acid.
Make sure the bathroom is well ventilated and you need to wear a rubber glove to keep your skin away from chemical cleaner, then you can start.
1. Make sure glass doors is dry
2. Test cleaning solution at a small corner first before applying it to the whole glass, ensure it will not damage your glass doors.
3. Apply cleaner to the whole shower doors, set it for at least 30 minutes.
4. Scrub the surface with a soft, non-abrasive cloth or sponge which will not scratch the glass.
5. Rinse with cold water to remove cleaner and stain.
6. Use a plastic squeegee to erase extra water.
7. If soap scum still here, a sharp razor blade can be used to remove any spots
8. Finally use a dry cloth to wipe down the glass.
9. Apply a layer of wax on the glass, it can keep soap scum, mildew and hard water deposits out of your glass.
- You do not need costly specialized cleaners. Bleach works fine and will remove mildew in minutes.
- Never use full-strength bleach on shower glass. It will erode the glass. Using a solution of 3/4 cup bleach per gallon of water.
- Do not skip the rinse when working with bleach. Bleach residue will damage the grout.